DANVILLE, IN (May 16, 2016) –What started in 2010 as a true Hendricks County cultural destination and expanded into Morgan County in 2013 will extend into a third county this fall.
The Rural Routes to Main Street Cultural Trail, a self-guided, self-directed driving tour which features sites such as art galleries, local studios, restaurants, a honey farm, confectionaries and many other locations that make or sell handmade goods will add locations in Putnam County thanks in part to a $20,000 matching grant from the Indiana Office of Tourism Development.
Highlighting talented artists, amazing attractions and one-of-a-kind products, the trail has become a popular visitor destination since its inception.
“We made it a priority to package a product that we felt would bring visitors here who like authentic experiences,” said Sarah Ferguson, Visit Hendricks County’s Director of Marketing “These expansions allow us to leverage our existing product to increase the critical mass of local arts and culture, and ultimately encourage additional and extended overnight stays in the area.”
The 2016 Rural Routes to Main Street Cultural Trail includes 24 members in Hendricks and Morgan counties who are open a minimum of Thursdays-Saturdays year-round. A Second Saturdays component opens the trail up to seven additional sites on the second Saturday of every month.
Hendricks County participants on this year’s trail include:
- Artistic Designs Gallery
- Black Swan Brewpub
- Bread Basket Cafe & Bakery
- Chateau Thomas Winery
- Confection Delights
- Enchanted Journey
- Fleurs de Beausoleil (Second Saturday site)
- Frazee Gardens
- Gallery on the Square
- Heidi Pops Gourmet Popcorn
- Hendricks County Historical Museum (Second Saturday site)
- Hot Blown Glass, Ltd. (Second Saturday site)
- Jane’s on the Square
- McCloud Nature Park Art Gallery
- Nomad Yarns
- Oasis Diner
- Perillo’s Pizzeria & Italian Kitchen
- Plainfield-Guilford Township Public Library Art Gallery
- The Porch
- Sally Ann’s Ceramics (Second Saturday site)
- Seize the Night Designs (Second Saturday site)
- uPaint Pottery Studio
Morgan County participants include:
- Art Beyond Crayons (Second Saturday site)
- Art Sanctuary
- Berries & Ivy
- Hunter’s Honey Farm
- Martinsville Candy Kitchen
- Monrovia Mudworks (Second Saturday site)
- Ralph & Ava’s Cafe
- The Sterling Butterfly
- Zydeco’s Cajun Actual
For more information about the trail, visit www.RuralRoutesToMainStreet.com or visit or call Visit Hendricks County, 8 W. Main St., Danville, (800) 321-9666 to receive a printed guidebook or for assistance with overnight accommodations.