INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is opening the largest structure within the North Split project.
The southbound to eastbound flyover bridge is now open to traffic. Earlier this morning, North Split construction crews shifted traffic onto the interchange’s newly re-constructed flyover bridge. Motorists driving southbound on I-65 will now use this bridge, spanning from College Avenue to Lewis Street, to connect to I-70 eastbound.
The on-ramp from Delaware/11th Street to I-70 eastbound also opened this morning, with traffic being routed directly onto the new flyover bridge.
As progress continues, access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Michigan Street and New York Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Project information can be found at northsplit.com.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution, be aware of changing traffic patterns and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, visit northsplit.com or text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NorthSplit
- Twitter: @NorthSplit
- Instagram: @IndyNorthSplit
Indiana motorists can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts any time throughout the state, here: https://www.in.gov/indot/2420.htm.
For details on the lane restrictions and closures associated with the current work, please visit 511 Cars for more information.