Hours for fireworks use on and around July 4 in Marion County are:
- 5 p.m. until two hours after sunset June 28 through July 3
- 10 a.m. to midnight on July 4
- 5 p.m. until two hours after sunset July 5 through July 9
Under Indiana law, you must be at least 18-years-old to buy fireworks and someone who is 18 or older must be present when fireworks are being set off.
If you are not lighting fireworks on your own property, make sure you have permission from the person who lives there.
Violations of the ordinance are subject to the following fines:
- A $100 fine for the first offense in any 12 month period
- A minimum of $500 for the second offense in any 12 month period
- Up to $2,500 for the third and subsequent offenses in any 12 month period
The complete Indianapolis/Marion County ordinance concerning fireworks is available at Consumer fireworks – Using, igniting and discharging limited.