MARION COUNTY, Ind. –The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announced today the full closure of Market Street. This closure is part of the larger North Split reconstruction project.
Beginning on or after Thursday, July 15, Market Street between East Street and Highland Avenue will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic for overhead bridge demolition over Market Street. The work is estimated to be completed on or after August 2. During this local street closure, local access will still be available between Highland Avenue and Pine Street. All other eastbound and westbound traffic on Market Street will be detoured to Washington Street. Pedestrian traffic will also be detoured to Washington Street.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound exit ramp to Michigan or Ohio St.
- Pine St. entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington St.
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West St.
- I-65 southbound to Meridian St.
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Project information can be found at northsplit.com.
For up-to-date project information, visit northsplit.com or text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at: