Vigo County – Thursday, September 5, 2019, at 12:11 a.m., Indiana State Trooper Gerald Stump was patrolling when he observed a passenger vehicle stopped at US 41 and Poplar Street. Trooper Stump ran a license plate check on the vehicle, showing that it had been reported stolen out of Terre Haute. Trooper Stump then activated his emergency lights stopping the vehicle. The driver was identified as Cory J. Thompson, age 29, of Terre Haute, Indiana. During an inventory of the stolen vehicle, methamphetamine and narcotics were discovered. Thompson was arrested and taken to the Vigo County Jail where he is currently being held on bond.
Arrested and Charges: Cory J. Thompson 29, of Terre Haute, IN
- Vehicle Theft, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine, Level 6 Felony
- Dealing in Methamphetamine, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Cocaine or a Narcotic Drug, Level 5 Felony
- Driving While Suspended, Class A Misdemeanor
All criminal defendants are to be presumed innocent until, and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.