INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is updating the state rail plan to guide the improvement of freight and passenger rail investments in rural and urban areas throughout the Hoosier state. The previous state rail plan was released in 2017. Federal law requires an update every four years.
INDOT is committed to a transparent and inclusive process for stakeholders and the public throughout the state rail plan development and implementation.
- The online survey will be available to the general public in early fall
- A committee of rail industry representatives from both the public and private sector will meet in October 2020, February 2021 and May 2021
- Specific one-on-one interviews will solicit feedback from select Indiana shippers and freight trade organizations beginning this month through April 2021
The process, which will be conducted through virtual and phone outreach, supports efforts to provide a safe, efficient and convenient rail transportation system for all Indiana residents.
For project updates and events, visit www.rail.indot.in.gov.
Get updates on INDOT projects and programs via:
- Facebook: facebook.com/indianadepartmentoftransportation
- Twitter: @INDOT
- CARS 511: indot.carsprogram.org
- Mobile App: iTunes App Store and the Google Play store for Android