INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Department of Transportation will close two bridges along I-74 on the Southeast side of Indianapolis.
Two bridge decks will be closed, the Post Road bridge and the London Road bridge over I-74.
Contractors will be constructing a new bridge deck overlay on both bridges. They will also be doing additional bridge work on the Post Road bridge.
During the bridge deck closures, all ramps will be open, but the public will not be able to cross the bridge. If you need to turn to get across a bridge once you exit the interstate, official detour routes are provided below. The public is welcome to find their own local routes around the closure as well.
All of this work is weather dependent, please follow @INDOTEast on Twitter and INDOT East Central on Facebook for updates.
Post Road Closure over I-74
- CLOSED: July 6 to September 21
- All ramps from I-74 EB & WB to Post Rd will remain open
- I-74 WB to Post Rd SB: Turn right onto Post Rd to US 52. Turn left on US 52 and get on I-465 SB to I-74 EB. Take I-74 EB to Post Rd and turn right to go SB on Post Rd.
- I-74 EB to Post Rd NB: Continue on I-74 EB until Acton Rd (Exit 99) turn around and take I-74 WB to Post Rd and turn right.
London Road Closure over I-74
- CLOSED: July 15 to July 21
- All ramps from I-74 EB & WB to London Road will remain open
- I-74 WB to London Rd SB: Continue on I-74 WB to Acton Rd (Exit 99.) Turn around and take I-74 EB to London Road and turn right.
- I-74 EB to London Rd NB: Continue on I-74 EB to Fairland Rd (Exit 109.) Turn around and take I-74 WB to London Rd and turn right.
Motorists in East Central Indiana can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts any time via: