Indianapolis-On 1.13.18 at approximately 9:00 a.m. officers with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) were called to a hotel in the 8200 block of Craig Street reference suspicious items in one of the renter’s room. Officers notified the North District Flex Team detectives who followed up on the information. Detectives spoke to the renter at the hotel, 32-year-old Orlando Rodgers. Detectives observed illegal items and evidence of a pill press in his room while speaking to Rodgers. Detectives applied for a search warrant through the courts and it was granted. The following items were seized by the detectives;
- 1 pill press (hand crank), pill press ecstasy dyes (Superman, Mercedes, Mickey Mouse), pill press mix compounds (binding and mixing powders), documents and packaging.
- 120-esctacy pills (approx.)
- 98-controlled pills (approx.) some may be counterfeit
- 161.00-grams methamphetamine (approx.)
- 85.04-grams heroin/fentanyl (approx.)
- 1.0-gram crack cocaine (approx.)
- 3.5-grams psilocybin mushroom (approx.)
- $8,514.00 cash
- 8 -.380 ammunition rounds
IMPD detectives arrested Rodgers for suspicion of dealing (manufacturing) in methamphetamine, dealing and (manufacturing) heroin/fentanyl, possession of meth and heroine/fentanyl, possession of illegal mushrooms, possession of marijuana, and maintaining a common nuisance. The Marion County Prosecutors Office (MCPO) will review the case and make a charging decision.
IMPD continues to urge anyone with information on criminal activity to call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317.262.8477 or (TIPS). Citizens can also download the mobile P3tips app for Apple or Android phones to submit a mobile tip, or go to www.CrimeTips.org to submit a web tip. You will remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000 if the information leads to a felony arrest. Only tips submitted directly and anonymously to Crime Stoppers are eligible for these cash rewards. Information given via Crime Stoppers should be considered anonymous.