INDIANAPOLIS – Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) North District Flex Team (NDF), North District Narcotics Unit (NDN), and ND Middle Shift Beat Officers assisted the Indiana Department of Correction Parole Field Team with a home visit on Antonio Gilmore in the Blackburn Terrace family housing complex at 2201 E 32nd St #A. Suspected cocaine was observed in the residence. NDF, with the assistance of NDN, applied for and was granted a search warrant for the residence. The following items of note were seized:
- .308 caliber semi-automatic Rifle w/ bipod (Loaded and reported stolen locally in 2012)
- 3 grams of suspected cocaine (approx.)
- Numerous digital scales with narcotics residue
- $1360 in US currency to be held for forfeiture proceedings.
Officers arrested 40-year-old Antonio Gilmore for Possession of a Firearm by a Serious Violent Felon, Dealing in Cocaine, Possession of Cocaine, Maintaining a Common Nuisance, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Paraphernalia, and a Parole Warrant for Dealing in Cocaine.
Later in the afternoon on 4.19.2018, the North District Flex Team (NDF), North District Narcotics Unit (NDN), IMPD K-9 Unit, and ND Middle Shift Officers assisted the Marion County Community Corrections (MCCC) with a home visit on Damonte Roberts at 4342 Norwaldo Av. Officers encountered firearms and evidence of narcotics dealing.
NDF, with the assistance of NDN, applied for and were granted a search warrant for the residence. The following items of note were seized:
- Glock 17 semi-automatic handgun w/ a laser sight (loaded)
- Taurus 9mm semi-automatic handgun (loaded and 1 spent casing in the chamber, stolen out of Lawrence PD in 2017)
- 50 round 9mm drum magazine
- 2 grams of suspected cocaine (approx.)
- Digital scales w/ narcotics residue
- 50 grams of marijuana (approx.)
Officers arrested 28-year-old Damonte Roberts aka “Tater” for Possession of a Firearm by a Serious Violent Felon, Possession of Cocaine, Escape, and Invasion of Privacy.
25-year-old Shelbey Stogsdill was arrested for Possession of Marijuana.
A charge of a crime is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.