INDIANAPOLIS – Gov. Eric J. Holcomb today announced 13 appointments to the state’s Governor’s Workforce Cabinet, a new group created during the 2018 legislative session to assess and realign Indiana’s workforce development programs and services.
“We have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country and tens of thousands of unfilled jobs across the state,” Gov. Holcomb said. “Now is the time to move beyond planning and strategy and take urgent action to help more Hoosiers learn the skills they need to secure great jobs. This cabinet brings together the right people with the right mission to accomplish our goals.”
The governor made the following appointments:
- Jená Bellezza (Crown Point), vice president of strategic partnerships and branding for the Indiana Parenting Institute
- Amy Brown (Elkhart), vice president of Flexible Concepts, Inc.
- Jason Ells (Indianapolis), senior vice president of Custom Concrete
- Christine Ernst (Indianapolis), president of Trans-Plants, Inc.
- Mark Kara (Hobart), assistant to the coordinator for Local 150 Operating Engineers
- Paul Perkins (Jeffersonville), president of Amatrol, Inc.
- Brad Rhorer (Lafayette), senior manager of Subaru of Indiana
- Rebecca Schroeder (Albion), president of Whiteshire Hamroc
- Bob Stutz (Indianapolis), CEO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Alan Taylor (New Albany), director of career and technical education for Prosser Career Education Center
- Tony Vespa (Indianapolis), founder of Vespa Group
- Bruce Watson (Fort Wayne), director of facilities for Fort Wayne Metals
- Maurice Coates Jr. (Evansville), president of CK United
In addition to assessing and aligning the state’s workforce programs and services, the Governor’s Workforce Cabinet will also develop the state’s first career coaching and navigation program and assess career and technical education outcomes.
Other cabinet members outlined in state statute include:
- Governor’s Workforce Cabinet Chairman Danny Lopez
- Secretary of Career Connections and Talent Blair Milo
- Indiana Department of Workforce Development Commissioner Fred Payne
- Indiana Higher Education Commissioner Teresa Lubbers
- Indiana Economic Development Corporation President Elaine Bedel
- Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Dr. Jennifer McCormick
- Ivy Tech Community College President Sue Ellspermann
- Vincennes University President Chuck Johnson
The cabinet will meet every other month. Meeting dates have yet to be determined.