INDIANAPOLIS — What’s the easiest way to support one of the nation’s largest municipal parks? By purchasing a 2024 Eagle Creek Park Foundation membership pass!
Foundation passes for the new year – including four pairs of custom solar eclipse glasses per pass – are available now on-line at https://eaglecreekpark.org/product/2024-membership-single-pass/. Individual passes are just $85 each ($35 of which counts as a tax-deductible donation), and provide year-round admission into Eagle Creek Park as well as numerous member perks and benefits.
“The easiest way to give back to Eagle Creek Park is by purchasing your annual pass through the Eagle Creek Park Foundation,” explained Adam Hibshman, Marketing & Program Coordinator for the Foundation. Established in 1978, the Eagle Creek Park Foundation supplies financial resources and grant management above and beyond what can be provided by limited city funding and enables essential park projects and programs that otherwise would not exist.
What’s the advantage of purchasing a Foundation membership pass vs an Indy Parks gate pass? Hibshman explained, “When a gate pass is purchased through Indy Parks, that money is divided among over 200 Indy Parks’ properties. When you purchase your annual pass through the Foundation, you’re making sure that more of your money goes exclusively to support programs and projects at Eagle Creek Park,” he said. “It’s rewarding to see what a tremendous impact membership dollars can have on the park.”
Foundation membership ensures not only year-round park admission but a variety of perks and benefits including:
• Exclusive members-only newsletters
• Invitations to members-only events & programs
• For 2024 only – four pairs of Eagle Creek Park Foundation custom eclipse glasses for the April 8 Total Solar Eclipse
• Discounts on kayak, canoe & boat rentals at Eagle Creek Outfitters
• 15% off Go Ape! Treetop Adventures zipline & high ropes course
• 15% off greens fees at Eagle Creek Golf Club.
Concurrent with the launch of 2024 membership pass sales, the Foundation also has announced a new community outreach program – “Buy One Give One (BOGO)” – to benefit three local organizations whose missions can be advanced with access to Eagle Creek Park.
“When you buy your own 2024 Foundation member pass, we’re inviting you to purchase a pass to give to one of three youth-oriented organizations – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana, Brooke’s Place or Starfish Initiative. You choose the group you want to support; the pass goes to them for their use during the new year, and the pass purchase price goes to the Foundation to support the park. It’s a fantastic win-win-win!” Hibshman stated.
Eagle Creek Park is among the nation’s 10 largest municipal parks with over 3900 acres of woods and meadows and more than 1300 acres of water. The 51-year old park hosts over one million visitors annually. It is considered a “birding hot spot” by National Geographic, with its Ornithology Center attracting 70,000-plus visitors each year.
Among programs and projects funded by the Eagle Creek Park Foundation are:
- Construction of the Carlsen Aviary, home to the park’s seven raptor ambassadors
- Funding and ongoing support for the development of the West Side Trail
- Construction of the Earth Discovery Center & support for its Geothermal Pond
- Funding of Ornithology Center Raptor Training
- Funding for daily and emergency animal care at the Earth Discovery Center
- Transition of the Nature Center into the nationally-renowned Ornithology Center
- Renovation of the Fitness Trail
- Replacement of the park’s directional signage
- Development & installation of a fully-accessible playground
- Restoration of the wetlands at Eagle Creek
- Construction of wildlife observation & presentation decks.
“It would be impossible to do what we do in support of this magnificent park without our members’ support,” Hibshman said. “We’re looking forward to renewing our current Foundation members and to welcoming lots of brand-new members to the Eagle Creek Park Foundation!”
For additional information about Eagle Creek Park, the Eagle Creek Park Foundation and how to obtain your 2024 membership, visit www.eaglecreekpark.org. Eagle Creek Park is located at 7840 W. 56th Street on Indianapolis’ northwest side. Contact the Eagle Creek Park Foundation directly at email@example.com.