INDIANAPOLIS (February 6, 2018) – On the heels of a 2017 performance series that saw five sellouts and an increase in overall attendance by more than 40 percent over the prior year, the Lincoln Amphitheatre has announced its 2018 season lineup. The diverse set of offerings will feature performances by classic rockers The Guess Who (“American Woman”, “Share the Land”, “No Sugar Tonight”), Grammy winning country music icon Marty Stuart, and the mighty Max Weinberg (member of Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band) as he brings his interactive “Max Weinberg’s Jukebox” show to Lincoln City.
In addition, after a very successful 2017 run, Young Abe Lincoln will once again return for an encore presentation in early-July. The six-show run will, again, be produced locally by Actor’s Community Theatre, a not-for-profit theatre company headquartered in Jasper, Indiana, and will, as an encore presentation, likely be the final opportunity to see it. .
“The Lincoln Amphitheatre has long been known as a somewhat hidden treasure in southern Indiana,” said Lt. Governor Crouch. “I am tremendously pleased to see the facility’s potential and use more fully realized, as well as to track its progress and success as its rejuvenation continues to trend upward as both a regional and statewide tourism resource.”
The Lincoln Amphitheatre’s 2018 performance series is the result of the third year of a unique partnership and management agreement between the Indiana Office of Tourism Development, a member of Indiana Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch’s family of business, and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. In addition to the increase in overall attendance, 2017 saw the venue sell tickets in more than 24 states as well as in at least 151 Indiana municipalities.
The Lincoln Amphitheatre’s 2018 Performance Series (all times central):
- Rumours: a Tribute to Fleetwood Mac; Saturday, May 19; $17.95 General Admission/$24.95 VIP
- Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives; Saturday, June 2; $24.95 General Admission/$34.95 VIP
- KIST: a Tribute to KISS; Saturday, June 23; $16.95 General Admission/$23.95 VIP/$34.95 VIP Plus Meet and Greet Photo Opportunity
- Young Abe Lincoln – an Encore Presentation; July 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, and 14; $19.95 General Admission/$26.95 VIP (Children 12 and Under Free)
- Max Weinberg’s Jukebox; Saturday, July 21; $24.95 General Admission/$35.95 VIP/$150.95 Gold Circle VIP Private Meet and Greet
- Soul Pocket – a Tribute to Motown and R&B; Saturday, July 28; $16.95 General Admission/$23.95 VIP
- 7 Bridges – the Ultimate Eagles Experience; Saturday, August 11; $17.95 General Admission/$24.95 VIP
- The Guess Who; Saturday, August 25; $28.95 General Admission/$37.95 VIP/$54.95 Premium (first three rows)
- Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra; Saturday, September 1; $19.95 General Admission/$24.95 VIP (Children 12 and Under Free)
- Hard Day’s Night – a Tribute to the Beatles; Saturday, September 29; $18.95 General Admission/$25.95 VIP
- Hocus Pocus (movie night); Saturday, October 13; 7:30 p.m.; $10 General Admission
Individual tickets and season tickets for the 2018 Lincoln Amphitheatre performance series are on sale now at www.LincolnAmphitheatre.com. Ticket prices are inclusive of concert admission, parking, facility, and service charges, as well as Lincoln State Park’s gate fee. Seating for all shows and sections is general admission/festival seating. VIP tickets include preferred seating and parking, as well as a complimentary drink voucher good for Pepsi products or beer/wine products. Concessions, venue merchandise, and artist merchandise (when applicable) will be available for purchase at each event.