On May 19, 2020, the Indianapolis Crime Gun Intelligence Center (CGIC) a task force comprised of local and federal law enforcement partners conducted a narcotics investigation on the west side of Indianapolis. CGIC had received information that Clifton Withers, 05/06/1975 was involved in armed narcotics trafficking. This investigation spanned across several jurisdictions including IMPD MNW District, MSW District and Speedway, IN.
With the assistance of the IMPD Criminal Interdiction Unit, detectives developed probable cause and obtained a search warrant for a storage unit rented by Withers.
Detectives located the following items in Withers’ storage unit:
- Approximately 300 grams of suspected heroin
- (7) Long Guns:
- LC Smith 12-gauge double barrel shotgun
- J Stevens Arms 12-gauge double barrel shotgun
- Springfield, model 15, 22 caliber rifle
- Mossberg, 410 Shotgun
- Mossberg & Sons, 22 caliber rifle
- Bushmaster, AR, .223/5.56 caliber rifle
- Mossberg 500, 12-gauge pump shotgun
- (2) handguns (one was equipped with a suppressor adaptor)
- High Standard model 103
- Davis Industries 22 caliber
- Suspected firearm suppressor
- Literature on manufacturing suppressors
- Digital Scales, Cutting Agent, Narcotics Press
- Suspected ecstasy pills
CGIC Detectives with assistance from IMPD SWAT/QRF responded to Withers’ residence and placed him in custody without incident. A search of the residence and vehicles resulted in Detectives locating the following:
- $10,803 US Currency Held for forfeiture
- (1) handgun: Smith & Wesson 9mm handgun
- Approximately 50 grams of heroin
- Digital Scale
During the investigation CGIC discovered multiple indicators of narcotics trafficking including both furniture and household items with hidden compartments.
Withers was currently serving an executed sentence on Marion County Community Corrections for Dealing Cocaine. Withers was arrested and transported to Marion County Jail. This investigation is a direct result of interagency collaboration between local law enforcement and federal law enforcement partners. CGIC has investigators from the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD), Fishers Police Department (FPD) and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).