BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (March 4, 2018) – The traffic shift in the northern section of the construction zone was completed and in place by 9 p.m. Saturday. Crews are already mobilized for reconstruction of the northbound lanes of SR 37 and bridge work will focus initially on Jordan Creek and Little Indian Creek structures.
Elsewhere in the construction zone for the week of March 5:
- The right lane of northbound SR 37 will be closed just before the Fullerton Pike interchange for the installation of new overhead signage.
- The right lanes of both northbound and southbound SR 37 at Tapp Road will be closed daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for ongoing bridge work and to treat the median subgrade in preparation for paving operations.
- Cota Drive and Rex Grossman Drive will be closed on Saturday and Sunday to allow for pavement removal and paving operations in the medical park adjacent to the southeast ramp at Tapp Road.
- Work continues on the 2nd Street Bridge with no changes in traffic configuration. Traffic on the bridge deck is reduced to one lane eastbound and one lane westbound. Motorists can expect delays, especially during morning and evening rush hours.
- At the 3rd Street Bridge, the eastbound right lane will be closed daily from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the entire week for pavement removal and bridge construction. Motorists can expect delays, especially during morning and evening rush hours.
- The left lane of northbound SR 37 between 2nd Street and 3rd Street will be closed daily for drainage work adjacent to the median barrier wall.
- Work continues at the interchange of SR 37 and SR 46. The right lane of southbound SR 37 to the westbound SR 46 ramp will be closed daily for shoulder work. Also, there will be no access to northbound SR 37 from eastbound SR 46 to allow for basin excavation and other interchange work. These daily restrictions will be in place all week.
- The intersection of Acuff and Prow roads east of SR 37 will be closed until on or around April 15 for intersection improvements. Motorists traveling along Arlington Road seeking to access Acuff Road will be directed by route markers to 17th Street and along Kinser Pike. Motorists on Kinser Pike seeking to access Prow Road will be directed by route markers to 17th Street and along Arlington Road.
- The left lane of northbound SR 37 from Arlington Road to Kinser Pike will be closed daily Wednesday through Friday to allow for median drainage work.
- There will be daily single lane restrictions on both north and southbound SR 37 at Sample Road to allow for continuing bridge work.
- The right lane of southbound SR 37 from Bryant’s Creek to Chambers Pike will be closed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily for boring and drainage improvements.
- The right lane of northbound SR 37 will be closed daily from Fox Hollow Road to Chambers Pike for shoulder improvements and drainage work.
To avoid possible congestion in the northern portion of the work zone, motorists are encouraged to use the alternate routes of SR 46 east to I-65 north and SR 46 west to SR 67 north.
As the volume of construction activity increases, motorists are urged to reduce their speed, pay attention to changing traffic conditions, and drive with no distractions. All construction activity is weather dependent and the schedule is subject to change.