MARION COUNTY, Ind. – The Indiana Department of Transportation will close Vermont Street under I-65 between Davidson Street and Pine Street early Monday as part of the North Split reconstruction project in downtown Indianapolis.
Crews will be installing Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) retaining wall. This closure is anticipated to continue through late March.
During this closure eastbound traffic will be detoured to New York Street while westbound traffic will be redirected to Michigan Street. Pedestrian and bicycle traffic will be rerouted to the New York Street bike lane.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Michigan Street and New York Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Project information can be found at northsplit.com.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, visit northsplit.com or text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at: