INDIANAPOLIS (September 28, 2015) – Due to recent changes in federal law, current and former employees of businesses that have been certified by the United States Department of Labor (USDOL) as Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) eligible, may be entitled to additional federal benefits. Individuals who are not currently in contact with WorkOne Career Center personnel regarding TAA eligibility are encouraged to contact or visit their local WorkOne Career Center as soon as possible to determine eligibility for additional TAA benefits. Hoosiers may be eligible for the following Federal benefits under the TAA program:
- Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC)
- Full and part time training programs
- Income support for eligible individuals enrolled in full time training programs
- Job search and relocation allowances for eligible expenses
- Wage subsidies for eligible individuals 50 years of age and older
Location information for all Indiana WorkOne Career Centers is available under the “locations” link at www.workoneworks.com.
Information regarding TAA, potential benefits, and how to file a TAA petition with USDOL is available on the USDOL’s TAA website at http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact, or contact your local WorkOne Career Center.