INDIANAPOLIS (October 17, 2016) – The Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) and its community partner EmployIndy have activated the state’s Rapid Response team to assist employees affected by Rexnord Bearings’ tentative plans to relocate jobs and operations to Mexico by April 2017.
“In an ideal situation, Rexnord Bearings would choose to remain and operate in the Hoosier state,” said DWD Commissioner Steven J. Braun. “Should Rexnord choose to move its operations, DWD and EmployIndy will work together to connect impacted employees with quality employment as soon as possible. With Indiana’s unemployment rate at just 4.5 percent, Hoosier employers are actively seeking to hire workers with manufacturing skills and experience to fill available positions.”
While the company announced Friday that it “tentatively decided” to move its operations, state services are available to the company and its employees, and include:
- Onsite contact with employer and employee union representatives;
- Assessment of worker job function and skills;
- Matching employee skills with open positions in local community;
- Providing training as necessary to affected employees to help them gain new employment; and
- Career counseling and individual case management for each employee.
DWD and EmployIndy are reaching out to the company to schedule the first Rapid Response session. For more information, please email Rexnord@employindy.org.