Lincoln City (Feb. 8, 2022) – The Lincoln Amphitheatre will celebrate its 35th anniversary in 2022 with a performance series that is as diverse of an offering as the venue has seen since the Indiana Destination Development Corporation took over its day-to-day management in 2015. Bolstered by rising group and Americana award-winning artist The Lone Bellow, blues sensation Ana Popovic and Indiana’s own Henry Lee Summer, the 2022 season will also see a number of tribute performances to some of the most well-loved and well-known music the world has ever known. The summer series will be anchored by a three-night run of Making a Home on Pigeon Creek: a Celebration of Lincoln Amphitheatre Musicals and the season will kick off on Saturday, May 14, with a very special evening with author and former A Prairie Home Companion host Garrison Keillor.
The 2022 Lincoln Amphitheatre series marks the seventh summer of a unique partnership and management agreement between the Indiana Destination Development Corporation (IDDC) and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (IDNR). IDDC is part of Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch’s family of business.
“The Lincoln Amphitheatre has seen tremendous growth since 2015,” Crouch said. “We look forward to seeing continued growth in 2022, while also celebrating the iconic southern Indiana venue’s diverse 35-year history as well as its very bright future.”
The Lincoln Amphitheatre’s 2022 Performance Series includes:
- Saturday, May 14: Garrison Keillor Tonight
- Saturday, May 21: Electric Avenue – the 80s MTV Experience, presented by the Mulzer Family of Companies
- Saturday, June 4: Henry Lee Summer, presented by PSC
- Saturday, June 11: Dirty Deeds – a tribute to AC/DC, presented by Best Home Furnishings
- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, June 23-25: Making a Home on Pigeon Creek: a Celebration of Lincoln Amphitheatre Musicals, presented by MasterBrand Cabinets with support from the Lincoln Drama Association
- Saturday, July 16: Ana Popovic, presented by Kimball International
- Saturday, July 23: The Lone Bellow, presented by the Spencer County Community Foundation & the Perry County Community Foundation
- Saturday, July 30: Creedence Revived – a tribute to Creedence Clearwater Revival, presented by Spencer Industries & Thermwood
- Saturday, August 13: Here Come the Mummies
- Saturday, September 3: Rumours – tribute to Fleetwood Mac, presented in part by Hoosier Business Machines & Kyocera
- Saturday, September 24: Who’s Who – a tribute to The Who
- Saturday, October 1: Midnight Rider – a tribute to the Allman Brothers, presented by Hedinger Beverage Distributing Company & Key Associates Signature Realty
Additionally, a Sunday afternoon summer series called “Amp Unplugged” will be added to the 2022 summer offerings, as well as a potential October movie event.
Individual tickets for each of the 2022 Lincoln Amphitheatre performance series events are on sale now at LincolnAmphitheatre.com. Ticket prices are inclusive of concert admission, parking, facility and service charges, as well as Lincoln State Park’s gate fee. Seating for all shows and sections is general admission/festival seating. VIP tickets include preferred seating, as well as a complimentary drink voucher good for Pepsi products or beer/wine products. Concessions, venue merchandise, and artist merchandise (when applicable) will be available for purchase at each event.
About the Lincoln Amphitheatre As one of the largest fully-covered amphitheaters in the United States, Lincoln Amphitheatre is a majestic 1,500-seat venue located within Lincoln State Park in Lincoln City, Indiana—the boyhood home of Abraham Lincoln. The venue is under the management of the Indiana Destination Development Corporation. For additional information, call 812-937-2329 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.