Lafayette- The Indiana State Police Drug Enforcement Section, The North Emergency Response Section and Troopers from the Lafayette Post served a search warrant on 2219 N. 23 St. in Lafayette which resulted in four drug related arrests.
The investigation has culminated in the arrest of Michael McCord, 36 who lives at the residence along with his girlfriend, Heide N. Carey, 28 of the same address. Also arrested at the residence was Emily S. Lanum, 28 and her husband J. Michael Lanum 39 who both are homeless. The Lanums were charged with Misdemeanor Possession of a Controlled Substance and Visiting a Common Nuisance. They both were transported and booked into the Tippecanoe County Jail.
McCord was transported to the Tippecanoe County Jail and charged with:
- Possession of Synthetic Cannabinoid over five grams a Level 6 Felony
- Dealing in Synthetic Cannabinoid a Level 6 Felony
- Maintaining a Common Nuisance a Level 6 Felon y
- Felony Possession of a Handgun a Level 4 Felony
Carey was transported to the Tippecanoe County Jail and charged with:
- Possession of Synthetic Cannabinoid a Class A Misdemeanor
- Maintaining a Common Nuisance a Level 6 Felony
This is an ongoing investigation. No other information will be released at this time. Assisting with the investigation was the Tippecanoe County Prosecutor’s Office.