[INDIANAPOLIS, IN. – October 12]— Kroger Central Division today announced it is seeking to hire new associates as they ready for the holiday season and beyond. The grocer is searching for talent across many roles, both in stores and across multiple business units.
“Discover a fresh opportunity ahead of the holidays as a member of our friendly Kroger family. We invite you to join our team of associates at Indiana Kroger and Pay Less stores,” said Colleen Juergensen, president of Kroger Central Division. “Whether you are seeking a part-time job or a new career, we strive to empower our associates to feed their future by providing all the ingredients they need to succeed.”
The Kroger Family of Companies offer resources, benefits, and training, to support and develop associates including:
- Wages & Benefits: Kroger provides comprehensive compensation packages, including competitive salaries and wages, healthcare and retirement. The Kroger Family of Companies has invested an incremental $1.2B in associate compensation and benefits since 2018, raising the average hourly rate to over $17/hour and over $22/hour when comprehensive benefits are included.
- Continued Education & Tuition Reimbursement: The Kroger tuition reimbursement program, offering up to $21,000 for both part-time and full-time associates, covers GED courses to Ph.D. programs. Since its inception, this program has contributed more than $31.2 million to help associates at the Kroger Family of Companies further their education with 87 percent of the recipients being store associates.
- Training & Development: Kroger offers on-demand, role-specific training and resources through internal channels and modern learning platforms, as well as leadership, career advancement and diversity, equity and inclusion training.
- Health & Wellness: Kroger continues to support associates’ safety, health and well-being by coaching managers to lead with compassion and empathy. Associates have access to resources like The Well-Being Assistant powered by Magellan Health that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers free counseling sessions, and BetterHelp virtual counseling. The organization also encourages the use of RethinkCare, a wellness platform that encourages activities like mindfulness, yoga and sleep. Additionally, Kroger continues to award a one-time payment of $100 to associates who are or become fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Perks & Discounts: Kroger provides flexible scheduling, an advance pay option through partner DailyPay, as well as discounts on groceries, electronics, streaming services, travel and more.
Applicants are welcome to apply in person at any Kroger and Pay Less store.
Virtual hiring events have commenced and will continue throughout the month of November. For more information about virtual information sessions, interviews and events visit the hiring website.