Noblesville, IN – A Kentucky man was arrested by the Indiana State Police last night after a traffic stop led to the discovery of a stolen gun and several drugs.
Friday night, 24 year old Zachary Peters of Crestwood Kentucky was allegedly driving 96 miles per hour in a 70 miles per hour zone on I-69 near the Hamilton and Madison County Line. Trooper Josh Thayer made the stop just after 10:30 p.m.. During Thayer’s interaction with Peters, marijuana, cocaine, and controlled substance (pills), a stolen gun and drug paraphernalia was located in the vehicle.
Peters was arrested and transported to the Hamilton County Jail, he now faces the preliminary charges of:
- Theft of a Firearm – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of a handgun without a permit – Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon – Level 4 Felony
- Dealing Cocaine – Level 5 Felony
- Dealing Marijuana – Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Marijuana – Class B Misdemeanor
- Possession of Cocaine – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of a Schedule Drug – Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Paraphernalia – Class C Misdemeanor
All charges listed above are merely accusations and probably cause for arrest and any crime mentioned in this release is alleged. Actual charges and/or additional charges will be determined by the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office.
All suspects are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in court.