Martinsville – Early Monday morning, Morgan County Law Enforcement requested assistance from ISP Detectives from the Bloomington Post to investigate an attempted murder case that occurred just after 1 A.M. on Sichting Road east of Martinsville.
Detectives learned that Jacquelyn Downey, 51 of Indianapolis allegedly made entry into a residence on Sichting Road through a window, while in possession of a firearm. When the homeowner confronted Downey, a struggle ensued, resulting in the homeowner overtaking Downey and holding her until law enforcement arrived.
1) Attempted Murder – Level 2 Felony
2) Intimidation – Level 5 Felony (2 Counts)
3) Criminal Recklessness – Level 6 Felony
4) Domestic Battery – Level 6 Felony
5) Harassment – B Misdemeanor
Under the Law, criminal charges are merely accusations and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.