INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Department of Transportation is seeking public comment on the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP).
The STIP is a federally mandated four year funding and scheduling document for surface transportation projects in Indiana. Project types involving pavement and bridge facilities, projects addressing safety, congestion, mobility and emergency response can be found in the STIP. In addition, this document includes investment in various modes of transportation including transit, pedestrian trails, and bicycle facilities. Only projects in which construction and operating funds can reasonably be expected to be available, are included.
States are required to update STIP’s every two years and do so in coordination with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO’s), and local governments in non-metropolitan areas. The current STIP document covers fiscal years 2020 through 2024.
As part of INDOT’s commitment to public outreach and engagement, public open houses are scheduled this spring to raise awareness of the STIP and solicit input from Hoosiers.
During the open houses, INDOT team members will be available to engage in conversation, address questions and solicit input related to a variety of topics including project selection, multimodal, highway safety, economic opportunity, Americans with Disabilities (ADA) programs, Local Public Agency (LPA) programs, public involvement, district construction, maintenance, traffic operations and transportation planning.
Open house dates and locations are below. All meetings will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time.
Thursday, April 4
- Winchester Community High School, 700 North Union Street, Winchester, IN 47394
Wednesday, April 10
- Harrison Hill Elementary School, 355 Cornell Circle, Fort Wayne, IN 46807
Thursday, April 11
- Rochester High School, 1 Zebra Lane, Rochester, IN 46975
Wednesday, April 24
- Benjamin Bosse High School, 1300 Washington Avenue, Evansville, IN 47714
Thursday, April 25
- Paoli Jr./ Sr. High School, 501 South Elm Street, Paoli, IN 47454
Tuesday, April 30
- South Vermillion High School, 770 West Wildcat Drive, Clinton, IN 47842
Wednesday, May 1
- Northwood High School, 1300 North Main Street, Nappanee, IN 46550
Wednesday, May 8
- Hammond High School, 5926 Calumet Avenue, Hammond IN, 46320
Thursday, May 9
- Oakland High School, 1100 Elizabeth Street, Lafayette, IN 47904
Wednesday, May 15
- Columbus East High School, 230 South Marr Road, Columbus, IN 47201
Thursday, May 16
- Lawrenceburg High School, 100 Tiger Boulevard, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
For more information about the STIP, to view the document, and submit public comment online, visit http://www.in.gov/indot/2348.htm.