MARION COUNTY, Ind. – The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is reminding motorists to plan ahead for travel related to the upcoming Big 10 Men’s Basketball Tournament. Routes to Gainbridge Fieldhouse may be impacted by work being performed as part of the North Split Reconstruction interchange closure.
Exits currently open to traffic on the north side of the downtown inner loop:
- I-70 westbound Meridian Street/Pennsylvania Street exit
- I-70 westbound MLK/West Street exit
- I-65 southbound MLK/West Street exit
- I-65 southbound Meridian Street exit
- I-65/I-70 C/D exit ramp to Michigan Street
Exits currently open to traffic on the south side of the downtown inner loop:
- I-70 to West Street exit
- I-70 to Illinois Street/Meridian Street exits
- I-65 northbound to Washington Street exit
Southbound I-65 and westbound I-70 can be accessed from Washington Street.
Vermont Street is scheduled to close on March 14 for MSE retaining wall installation and will remain closed through late March. Throughout the duration of this closure, eastbound traffic will be directed to New York Street while westbound traffic will be rerouted to Michigan Street.
Other current closures include:
- Alabama Street: Closed under I-65 between 11th and 12th Street through mid-March. Northbound traffic will be detoured up Fort Wayne Street to Central Avenue while southbound traffic will be redirected onto 16th Street to Central Avenue.
- Michigan Street: Closed under I-65 between Davidson Street and Pine Street through mid-March. Westbound traffic will be detoured to Washington Street throughout the duration of the closure
- Market Street: Closed under I-65 between Davidson Street and Pine Street through late-March. Eastbound and westbound vehicular and pedestrian traffic will be detoured to Washington Street throughout the duration of this closure.
- 10th Street: Closed under I-65 and I-70 between College Avenue and Highland Avenue through mid-April. Eastbound and westbound traffic will be detoured to 16th Street throughout the duration of this closure.
- Lewis Street: Closed between 13th and 16th streets through mid-March. Throughout this closure, vehicular traffic will be detoured to 13th Street, Roosevelt Avenue, Commerce Avenue and 16th Street. Bicycle and pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the Monon Loop.
- Ohio Street: Closed under I-65 between College Avenue and New York Street through late-March. Eastbound traffic will be detoured to New York Street throughout the duration of this closure.
INDOT encourages drivers to slow down, exercise caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones.
For up-to-date project information, visit northsplit.com or text “NORTHSPLIT” to 468311. Follow the North Split project’s progress on social media at:
For details on lane restrictions and closures associated with the current INDOT work, please visit 511 Cars for more information.