INDIANAPOLIS –On Friday, March 16, 2018, beginning at 11:30 a.m., the IAC Sports Foundation 38th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade –presented by the Hoosier Lottery will begin.
This year’s parade promises to be fun and exciting. Here a few things to remember before you arrive downtown – Indianapolis for the parade.
- Stay alert and be aware of what’s going on around you.
- Leave your home early to avoid traffic congestion.
- Drink plenty of fluids to remain hydrated.
- Park and snap a picture of your parking location, and be sure to lock the car, close the windows, and hide anything of value in the trunk or cover them with a blanket or rear cover if in an SUV or van.
- Make eye contact with every person in the parking lot on your way to the parade route. (potential thieves don’t want to be noticed. This simple trick makes you a less desirable target.
- Stay off your phone while walking, talking or texting. Staying off cellphones keeps your attention on what is ahead of you. Pedestrian safety is very important during major events.
- To deter pickpockets and purse-snatchers, don’t overburden yourself with packages. Be extra careful with purses and wallets. Carry a purse close to your body, not dangling by the straps. Put a wallet in an inside coat or front pants pocket.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Parents should communicate with their small children about the dangers of wandering away. Teach them to go to a uniformed officer or security guard if you get separated.
- Don’t Drink and Drive! (Innocent life is spared when we prepare)
- If you see anything strange please contact a uniformed law enforcement officer.
- Don’t leave packages unattended.
- If you see something. Say something. (peculiar activity,or suspicious individuals)
- Have a plan. Don’t consume large amounts of alcoholic beverages without arranging for transportation.
- HAVE FUN!
Please visit the IAC Sports Foundation website (https://www.indystpats.com) for additional information.
Enjoy your weekend and drink responsibly.