Indianapolis, IN – The Indiana State Fair runs from August 2nd until August 18th in Indianapolis. The Indiana State Police would like to offers some tips to make your trip to the fair more enjoyable and less stressful.
- Plan Ahead – visit www.indianastatefair.com to see the day’s hours, events and activities
- Parking – You can access the Indiana State Fairgrounds from several gates on each side of the property. Take time to research you best option for parking by visiting www.indianastatefairparking.com . Once you park take a photograph of your parking area with your cell phone so you can remember where you parked or download an app on you phone such as Find My Car. Each year Troopers spend a lot of time helping people find their cars because people had forgotten where they parked.
- Your Vehicle – Be sure to lock your doors, if you have valuables inside the vehicle that you are not carrying with you it is best to leave them at home. If you must leave them in the car be sure they are out of sight, locking them in the trunk is the best option.
- Cell Phones – Be sure you download the appropriate application on your cell phone to allow you to “find my phone.” Each year approximately 50-60 lost cell phones are turned into the Indiana State Police.
- Lost Children – One common occurrence for Troopers at the fair is locating lost children. A few things that will help expedite finding a lost child is a detailed description of their clothing. One option is to take a photo of your child when you arrive at the fairgrounds, in the event you become separated that photo can be quickly shared with dozens of public safety personnel at the fairgrounds. If your child does not know your phone number you can write it on their arm, or you can pick up a child ID bracelet from any Indiana State Police Booth. Sometime adults or elderly visitors can become separated from their caregivers, some of the same options above can be used in these situations as well
- ‘See Something, Say Something’ – Report suspicious or criminal activity to police
With appropriate planning and patience your Indiana State Fair visit will be a great experience.