INDIANAPOLIS: On January 22, 2018, Detectives with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) Gang Unit, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), Marion County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) Gang Unit and Southwest district officers were following up on an investigation in the 4200 block of West Vermont Street.
Detectives spoke with 23-year-old Robert D. Lee. Detectives knew Lee was serving an executed sentence on home detention for a prior firearms conviction. They immediately observed weapon’s and marijuana present in the residence. Detectives were granted a search warrant through the Marion County Prosecutors Office. Detectives searched the residence and located the following items:
• AR-15 (Olympic Arms) with 30 round magazine located undercouch cushions.
• PA-15 (AR-15 Palmetto Armory) Hidden behind the water.
• Semi-Auto Pistol (22. Mag) (Rock Island) with Tac Light. Located behind water heater. Stolen out of Greenwood, Indiana.
• Duel Drum Magazine for .223 (100 Round Capacity)
• Ammo casing catch bag
• Body Armor (Located in Lee’s bedroom)
• Ammunition and Firearm paraphernalia
• Glass Jars of suspected marijuana
• Baggie of suspected marijuana
• Narcotic Paraphernalia
• $482.00 seized for forfeiture
Detectives arrested 23-year-old Robert D. Lee, 26-year-old Andrew Tyner, 24-year-old Jasmine Suggs and 24-year-old Deon Lee for multiple felony charges including felony firearm chares, dealing marijuana and escape among other charges. The Marion County Prosecutors Officer will review the case and make final charging decisions.
Remember, anyone with information about criminal activity is urged to contact Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317.262.8477 or (TIPS). Citizens can also download the mobile P3tips app for Apple or Android phones to submit a mobile tip, or go to www.CrimeTips.org to submit a web tip. You will remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000 if the information leads to a felony arrest. Only tips submitted directly and anonymously to Crime Stoppers are eligible for these cash rewards.