INDIANAPOLIS – The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD), in conjunction with Speedway Police Department, Indiana State Police, and the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, announce traffic patterns, closures, and routes for the 102nd Running of the Indianapolis 500! This event will be very closely monitored across all levels of Law Enforcement and Homeland Security.
2018 TRAFFIC PATTERNS
All Parking lots at the speedway are sold out. If you have not already secured parking there will
be no speedway parking available. Plan accordingly.
- Parking North of the Track
- 30th Street, Enter southbound from I65 onto Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St. and then West on 30th
- 38th west, to Georgetown Road
- Parking South of the Track
- 16th Streets from the East. Access 16th Street from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Parking West of the Track
- 38th to Moller,
- Crawfordsville Rd, East from I465
- 10th eastbound from I465 to Lynhurst Dr
- Rockville Rd, East from I465 to Lynhurst Dr
- Holt Road from Washington to 16th
- 10th Street from White River West Dr. to Lynhurst
- Polco, from 10th Street to 16th Street
One Way traffic Patterns
- 16th St is one way from Gate 2 to Dr. Martin Luther King St. I65 can be accessed by going north or south on Dr. MLK Jr St
- 30th , One way from Gate 10a to I65
- Lynhurst, from Crawfordsville Rd to 10th St
- 10th St from Lynhurst to I465
Dedicated outbound routes
- Crawfordsville Rd.
- Rockville from Lynhurst to I465
- Moller Rd, from 30th St to 38th
- 38th St from I65 to I465
- Off Ramps closed at I70 and Holt Road during outbound.
- Off Ramps closed at I465 and Rockville Road, during outbound.
- Off Ramps closed at I465 and 10th Street, during outbound.
There are expected to be well over 100,000 people visiting Indianapolis for Race Day weekend and the activities that will be taking place to celebrate in the “Racing Capital of the World!” Whether you’re a race, music, parade, or once in a lifetime event fan, Indianapolis has something for you. But there is one thing most of us agree on…we are not fans of traffic. While you won’t be able to move at the pace of one of the finely tuned machines running race day, attached you will find instructions to hopefully keep you and your crew moving.
It is expected to be very warm. All attendees are encouraged to hydrate early and wear sunscreen.