DANVILLE, Ind. — Hendricks Regional Health is proud to announce that as of February 1, 2020, we are part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Veterans Community Care Network (VA CCN). VA CCN is part of the MISSION Act of 2018 that aims to empower our nation’s veterans with more healthcare options. This new network serves as the direct link between the VA and Hendricks Regional Health providers.
“This is great news for veterans in our community who may have been traveling long distances to receive specialized care at VA-preferred providers,” said Kevin Speer, President & CEO of Hendricks Regional Health. “We are honored to partner with the VA to help meet the healthcare needs of our local veterans with timely access to convenient, high-quality care.”
To be eligible for community care at Hendricks Regional Health, veterans must be enrolled in VA’s patient enrollment system and have an approved referral from VA.The VA will provide a referral for a veteran to receive community care when:
- Services are not available at a VA medical facility
- An appointment is not available at a VA medical facility within a certain timeframe
- Or, the veteran lives too far away from a VA medical facility
VA CCN will be able to refer VA patients to Hendricks Regional Health for the following VA CCN-approved services:
- Ancillary services
- Chronic dialysis treatment
- Emergent care
- Hospice, palliative and respite care
- Hospital services
- Implants – when provided as part of an authorized surgical or medical procedure
- Inpatient diagnostic and treatment services
- Long term acute care
- Maternity and women’s health
- Outpatient diagnostic and treatment services (including laboratory services)
- Preventive care
- Reconstructive surgery
- Rehabilitative services and therapies
HRH urgent care services are not included as in-network.
Optum, part of UnitedHealthcare, manages the network. This service is for veterans only. Caregivers and family members are not eligible.
For more information on the VA Community Care Network, please visit va.gov/communitycare or call 844-698-2311.