Danville – Hendricks Regional Health is continuing its support of high school athletes in Hendricks County with the Comeback Athlete Award. One athlete from each Hendricks County High School was selected based on their return to competition after an injury, in addition to their leadership, sportsmanship and academic performance. All of the Comeback Athletes were nominated by their high school athletic directors.
The Comeback Athletes honored this year are:
- Grace Langford played tennis for the Avon High School Orioles.
- Allyson Carver, from Brownsburg High School, played softball for the Bulldogs.
- Austin Gates played football, basketball and ran track for the Cascade High School Cadets.
- Brock Hudkins is a two-time state champion wrestler for Danville High School Warriors.
- Tevin Tomlinson, from Plainfield High School, played football for the Quakers.
- Abbey Gliva competed in basketball, soccer, volleyball and track and field for the Tri-West Bruins.
“We are recognizing these talented Hendricks County athletes not just for returning to their respective sports following significant injuries, but also their leadership in their sports and academically,” said Hendricks Regional Health President & CEO Kevin Speer. “As the fall sports seasons get underway, Hendricks Regional Health looks forward to continuing to support our student athletes by providing sports medicine care and injury prevention education.”
Hendricks Regional Health’s certified athletic trainers work in partnership with local schools and community sports leagues to provide sports medicine care to athletes. We are proud to partner with the following schools:
- Avon High School and Middle Schools
- Brownsburg High School and Middle Schools
- Cascade High School and Middle School
- Danville High School and Middle School
- DePauw University
- Plainfield High School and Middle School
- North Putnam High School and Middle School
- Cloverdale High School and Middle School
- Greencastle High School and Middle School
- Tri-West High School and Middle School
All of the Comeback Athletes received a certificate of recognition and a $500 scholarship to help with college expenses.
Since 1962, Hendricks Regional Health has served as the area’s leading healthcare provider by delivering innovative care with a personal touch. The hospital strives to be the indispensable healthcare partner to patients, payers, physicians, associates and employers. Licensed by the Indiana State Department of Health and accredited by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program, Hendricks Regional Health staffs a full complement of physicians in a variety of specialties at locations in Danville, Avon, Plainfield, Brownsburg, Lizton and Bainbridge. To learn more call (317) 745-3627 or visit www.hendricks.org.