The Hendricks County Community Foundation’s (HCCF) Board of Directors approved 16 grants totaling $78,406.60 at their October meeting, primarily from the Family Legacy Funds, community enhancement funds of HCCF.
“Ranging from public parks, to local health and human services nonprofits, to innovative new youth and family programs, these projects will impact lives in every corner of Hendricks County,” said Eric Hessel, Vice President of Programs.
In January 2021, HCCF rebuilt its Grants Committee with Board Members, Family Legacy Fund Representatives and community volunteers. Over the next 6 months, the committee went through training and helped develop the new Community Impact Grant Program. This program offers financial assistance for charitable programs and projects serving Hendricks County and is designed to be open-ended, allowing for nonprofits to apply for funding to meet the needs of their organization in service to the needs of Hendricks County.
Grant dollars from community enhancement funds, including the Family Legacy Funds, provide HCCF the ability to pivot grantmaking as new issues and needs emerge in the community.
One Family Legacy Fund representative said, “I’m grateful that HCCF stays abreast of the needs in our community and that our family will always have the ability, through this community enhancement fund, to make a difference for other families right here in Hendricks County.”
Grant recipients include:
- B&O Trail Association: Tilden Trailhead – $5,394.37
- Brownsburg Parks: Accessible Equipment at Blast Off PlayGround- $5,507.44
- Building Essential Skill Together: BEST Burgers & Fries Van – $7,500.00 (match)
- Central Indiana K9 Association: Training – $5,200.00
- Central Indiana Land Trust: Boardwalks at Burnett Woods – $4,073.98
- Danville Public Library: Technology Upgrades – $2,125.00
- Handicapable Camp: Camp – $5,000.00
- Hendricks Civic Theater: Technology Upgrades – $2,000.00 (match)
- Hope Healthcare Services: Mental Health Services – $3,500.00
- Parks Foundation of Hendricks County: Strategic Planning – $8,675.00
- Pat’s Pals: Professional Development & Therapy Equipment – $2,740.00
- Pittsboro Parks: Pickleball Courts – $4,390.81
- Plainfield Youth Assistance Program: Program Support – $8,000.00
- Rock Steady Boxing: Pedals for Parkinsons – $3,000.00
- Sycamore Services: Art Therapy Program – $2,500.00
- Sheltering Wings: Public Relations Campaign – $8,800.00
“The Community Foundation is proud to support these impactful organizations,” said HCCF President and CEO, William Rhodehamel. ‘We are also grateful to the generous donors who give to our community enhancement funds and enable us to make a lasting difference in the quality of life here in Hendricks County.” You can learn more about HCCF’s grantmaking on the HCCF website: www.hendrickscountycf.org.