Putnam County – Wednesday, June 22, 2022, Indiana State Trooper Colton Maynor located a male suspect that was wanted on a attempted murder warrant out of Lawrence County.
At approximately 10:30 a.m., Trooper Colton Maynor was attempting to locate a William R. Blackwell, age 40, of Greencastle, Indiana, who was wanted on multiple criminal charges on an active warrant out of Lawrence County. Trooper Maynor located a vehicle that Blackwell was known to operate in an apartment complex in Greencastle. Trooper Maynor, along with other law enforcement officers, received information that Blackwell was located in one of the apartments. The information was confirmed, and Blackwell was located within an apartment and taken into custody without incident.
Blackwell was transported to the Putnam County Jail where he is awaiting extradition back to Lawrence County.
Assisting Agencies: Putnam County Sheriff’s Department and the Greencastle Police Department.
Arrested and Charges: William R. Blackwell, 40, Greencastle
- Attempted Murder, Level 1 Felony (warrant service)
- Burglary, Level 1 Felony (warrant service)
- Aggravated Battery, Level 3 Felony (warrant service)
- Battery by Means of a Deadly Weapon, Level 5 Felony (warrant service)
- Battery Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury, Level 5 Felony (warrant service)
- Intimidation, Level 6 Felony (warrant service)
All criminal defendants are to be presumed innocent until, and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.