Election Highlights in Hendricks County
There were very few negative incidents reported in the Primary elections in Hendricks County, on Tuesday. The Hendricks County Flyer reported that there were 9,600 absentee voters, including 8,320 early voters and 1,207 mailed ballots.
Here are some of the more notable race results.
On the Republican side of the ballot, it was:
- Donald Trump the winner in the Presidential race, as Ted Cruz dropped from the presidential race all together after most election results were in.
- For US Senator it was Todd Young over Marlin Stutzman
- For US Representative, it was Todd Rokita over Kevin Grant.
- For State Senator, it was John Crane over Pete Miller.
- For State Representative District 28, it was Jeff Thompson over Luke Stephenson.
- For State Representative District 91, it was Bob Behning over Jim Grimes.
- In the Hendricks County Council member At-Large, the winners were David Wyeth as well as incumbents Caleb Brown and Larry Hesson.
On the Democratic side:
- On the presidential ballot, Bernie Sanders was the winner over Hillary Clinton in Hendricks County as well as across the state of Indiana.
- Winners of the primary election will be on the ballot for the Nov. 8 general election.