Knox County – November 29, 2021, the Indiana State Police Drug Enforcement Section, and the Putnamville State Police Post A.C.E.S. (All Crimes Enforcement Section) arrested an Oaktown resident after conducting a drug investigation. ISP received information that Blaine Phipps, age 30, was dealing methamphetamine, narcotics, and marijuana in, and around, the Knox and Sullivan County area.
Troopers went to Phipps residence on Wolfe Avenue in Oaktown. Phipps gave consent for his residence to be searched. During the course of the residence being searched officers discovered two pounds of methamphetamine, one pound of marijuana, two and half pounds of K2, a sawed-off shotgun, numerous THC vape cartridges, and several prescription pills.
Once the investigation was complete, Putnamville troopers arrested Phipps and transported him to the Knox County Jail where he is currently being held without bond.
Arrested and Charges: Blaine Phipps, age 30, Oaktown
- Dealing Methamphetamine, Level 2 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine, Level 3 Felony
- Dealing Marijuana, Level 6 Felony
- Dealing in a Schedule I Controlled Substance, Felony 6
- Dealing in a Look Alike Substance, Felony 6
- Possession of Marijuana, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor
Anyone with information regarding illegal drugs is encouraged to contact the Indiana State Police Putnamville Post at 765-653-5272, all calls are confidential and could save a life.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent and until proven guilty.