STATEHOUSE (June 7, 2018) – Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch, in collaboration with the Indiana Family and Social Service Administration’s Division of Aging, announced that 21 senior citizens will receive the 2018 Golden Hoosier Award.
“With more than 80 submissions from individuals across the state, it certainly was difficult to narrow down to 21 exceptional senior citizens,” Crouch said. “I cannot wait to meet the award recipients and learn more about their passion for improving their communities.”
Crouch said that the award began in 2008 and annually honors Hoosier senior citizens for their years of service and commitment to the state.
The 21 recipients will be at the Statehouse on June 21st at noon for a ceremony celebrating their achievements.
The following individuals are this year’s Golden Hoosier award recipients:
- Richard Aeschleman – South Bend;
- Susan Louise Billings – Greenfield;
- Ray Black – Madison;
- Martha Byler – South Bend;
- Steve Dillman – Greenwood;
- Beth Edwards – Muncie;
- Marlene Fudge – Rushville;
- Alice (Gwen) Gaas – Lake Station;
- Maureen Hall – Warsaw;
- Duane Hoak – Anderson;
- Daniel Hogan – Indianapolis;
- Nancy Hughes – Evansville;
- Dorothy Kessner – Tell City;
- Sandra Rans Rowe – Centerville;
- Frank Roales – Vincennes;
- LeRoy Rothrock – Bloomington;
- Wilmer Schock – Delphi;
- Marilyn Skinner – Kokomo;
- Michael Stephens – Versailles;
- Frederick Taylor, Jr. – Bloomington; and
- Peggy Wampler – Columbus.