Brownsburg, IN – Just before 9:30p.m. on February 20th, 2017, the Brownsburg Police Department received a 911 call of a person pointing a firearm at another person on Ashwood Circle in Brownsburg. Prior to their arrival, police were informed the suspects had left in a white Cadillac Escalade. Responding officers spotted the Cadillac at the intersection of Main Street and O’Dell Street and subsequently stopped that vehicle. The Cadillac was occupied by two males and one female.
The Indiana State Police were requested by Brownsburg Police Chief Grimes to investigate this incident. At this point investigators are able to determine:
- During the traffic stop a physical altercation took place between police and one male occupant of the vehicle
- A taser was deployed by police during the altercation
- Shots were fired by police
- The subject in the altercation with police, 28 year old Julio Serrano of Illinois, suffered a single gunshot wound to the torso and was transported to Eskenazi Hospital. He is currently in surgery and his condition is unknown.
- 31 year old Marek Mikolajczyc, the other male occupant of the vehicle, was taken into custody by police.
- Brittani Griebahn, the female in the vehicle, fled the scene on foot and is currently at large
- A handgun was recovered at the scene
- No officers were injured
Indiana State Police Crime Scene Investigators are currently processing the scene and detectives are speaking with witnesses. This is an ongoing investigation with only preliminary information available at this time.