Vigo County – December 14, 2019, at approximately 7:55 p.m., Austin J. Sedletzeck, age 27, of Terre Haute, Indiana, was involved in a two-vehicle property damage accident at the State Road 641 bypass south of Interstate 70. Sedletzeck was operating a 2005 Dodge and struck the rear-end of another passenger vehicle. No injuries were reported. Sedletzeck fled on foot from the accident scene. Indiana State Police Putnamville Trooper Rondell Shelton was near the accident scene and located Sedletzeck. Further investigation by Trooper Shelton revealed that Sedletzeck displayed signs of impairment and had a blood alcohol content of .29%. Several children were with Sedletzeck in his vehicle. The Vigo County Department of Child Services was contacted and the children were released to their mother. Sedletzeck was arrested and taken to the Vigo County Jail where he is currently being held.
Arrested and Charges: Austin J. Sedletzeck, 27, Terre Haute, IN
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a passenger less than 18 years of age, Class 6 Felony
- Neglect of Dependent, Class 6 Felony
- Operating a Vehicle a Vehicle With a BAC .15 or more, Class A Misdemeanor
- Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated endangering a person, Class C Misdemeanor
- Driving While Suspended (Prior), Class A Misdemeanor
Assisting: Putnamville Trooper Courtland Woodruff, Vigo County Department of Child Services, and Vigo County Sheriff’s Department.
All criminal defendants are to be presumed innocent until, and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.