Indianapolis –Lt. Governor Eric Holcomb joined the Office of Small Business and Entrepreneurship (OSBE) in celebrating Entrepreneurship Week this week. The week culminated today in the Entrepreneurship Awards ceremony, hosted by the Indiana Small Business Development Center (ISBDC), Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) and Launch Indiana.
“Small businesses and entrepreneurs are the lifeblood of the Hoosier economy,” said Holcomb. “We’ve created a climate in Indiana where entrepreneurs can pursue their dreams and where businesses can thrive. We have a record number of Hoosiers in the workforce and that is due in large part to the creative spirit and innovation of our Hoosier entrepreneurs.”
ISBDC has ten regional offices across the state and supports entrepreneurs and small business by providing expert guidance and a comprehensive network of resources.
“ISBDC staff spent over 630 hours counseling this year’s ISBDC Entrepreneurship Award winners, who collectively employ 116 people and have successfully raised $4.9 Million in debt and equity due in part to working with the ISBDC. The businesses we honored are meeting the needs of their communities by providing valuable services and jobs across the state,” said Jane Rich, ISBDC state director.
ISBDC Entrepreneurship Award Winners:
- Central ISBDC: Indiana Craft Jerky and Cornerstone Bread Co.
- East Central ISBDC: A&P Quality Home Care Agency and LEAP Managed IT
- Hoosier Heartland ISBDC: Climb Lafayette and Country Raisin’s Inc.
- North Central ISBDC: Inspire College of Cosmetology and Indiana Integrated Circuits LLC
- North East ISBDC: Wine Down Tastings & Tapas and Mid-American Salt
- North West ISBDC: L&R Transportation & Logistics LLC and Wingtip Aviation
- West Central ISBDC: The Butler’s Pantry Catering & Food Co. and Brooke’s Candy Co.
- South East ISBDC: Bad Apple Mac restaurant and Security Pros LLC
- South Central ISBDC: Totally Whipped Cupcakery and Hopscotch Coffee
- South West ISBDC: Optimum Wellness Pharmacy and Carts Gone Wild
PTAC is Indiana’s program to generate employment and improve the general economic condition of the state by assisting Indiana companies, including those eligible for preferential consideration in obtaining and performing local, state and federal contracts. PTAC state director Shane Springer stated: “The companies honored here today are shining examples of the grit and ingenuity that is the Hoosier entrepreneurial spirit.”
PTAC Entrepreneurship Awards
- North East PTAC: Logistikos Engineering LLC
- North West PTAC: A&A Sheet Metal Products, Inc.
- South West PTAC: Gravicom, LLC
- South Central PTAC: MSP Aviation
- Central Indiana PTAC: The Society for Diversity
- SBIR PTAC: SkySight Technologies LLC
OSBE established Entrepreneurship Week as a week-long celebration to showcase Indiana’s entrepreneurial talent, promote entrepreneurship and educate small business owners on related topics. Entrepreneurship Week offered events throughout Indiana which engaged citizens in educational and celebratory opportunities to educate citizens and entrepreneurs.
Small Business Statistics:
- # of small businesses in Indiana 144,000
- # of Hoosiers employed by small businesses 2.1 million
- Annual revenue generated $129 billion
- Small businesses employing 1 to 4 people 72,000
- 23,000 startups employ 82,000 people
For more information on Entrepreneurship Week, please visit www.inentrepreneurshipweek.com